Saturday, March 26, 2011

Twitter and LinkedIn for Social Media - Quick Tips for the Novice

Getting your message delivered to the right audience is important. Not everyone on Linkedin wants to read my full twitter feed. I get it, really, I do! Since I’ve recently learned I can select which twitter posts I can share on Linkedin, I wanted to share this Linkedin 101 lesson with you! It’s Pretty cool !

Here’s how:

1- Login to Linkedin

2- At the upper right hand corner you’ll see your name and dropdown menu select ”Settings

3- At the bottom of the page you will see “Manage your Twitter settings” (see that below)?
4- In this box, you’ll want to choose “Display your twitter account on Linked in

and “Share only tweets that contain #in (#li also works) in your LinkedIn status

And Voila! Now, your twitter feed will only selectively be shared to your Linkedin contacts. There’s a time and place for everything, right? Happy tweeting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates