Saturday, February 19, 2011

Taking cues from the weather…..for business

Today’s beautiful Spring- like weather gave me the itch to open some windows and think thoughts of spring. To me, spring means flowers, warmer weather, and longer days enjoying fresh outdoor air.

Oh, and spring cleaning too. Yuck. Cleaning. Who enjoys that??

I’ve noticed a trend recently of colleagues discussing computer issues, and how after a few unfortunate crashes they fess up to admit the last thing they “clean” is the very tool in which their livelihood is based. Myself included. A few weeks ago, my laptop was running really HOT, even though it was really really cold here in NJ, I knew that was not supposed to be a source for heat in my home (ha ha). My brilliant husband very gently vacuumed out the fans, applied an air compressor, ran a couple diagnostics, a quick restart and voila! She’s running just the way she should. Ahhh….

As a Virtual Assistant, a lot of the projects I work on for my clients are stored in cloud technology, but there are the occasional brainstorming notes, and behind the scene docs that don’t get shared. These things have to be protected, so whether I backup with my Seagate external hard drive or a flash drive, I know our work is safe & sound.

So, let’s all listen to the signals Mother Nature is giving us. Spring is around the corner, but please don’t wait any longer to spring into cleaning your pc!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates