Saturday, January 30, 2010

A death in the family; how we teach our kids to cope.

Alexis on “Bluebell”: “He was the only blue fish I knew. All the other Betta fish I know are red. I dont understand what happened, but I know he’s in a better place now.PHEW! Glad she took it so well!!

I write this as our 7 year old is reflecting upon the past 2 years with her 3rd Betta Fish “Bluebell”. Although I dont see the fascination with these tiny fish (they dont talk or snuggle with you). They are pretty to look at.

These are the things that happen when you have kids. It’s tough to explain death to kids. But I strongly believe it’s important. How else can they enjoy looking forward to things? Every Season is born, and dies, every flower, every pet and sometimes certain relationships too.

So farewell Bluebell, you will be missed. Enjoy your last swim, and have fun in “Fishy Heaven” with your friends.

Our little girl will miss you dearly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates